Appointed to the position of CEO of HMI Technologies in Australia in March 2015.
- a Board Member and President of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) Australia,
- a Board Member & current Chair of ITS Asia Pacific,
- Project Director for the 23rd ITS World Congress in Melbourne in 2016,
- a member of the AustRoads Cooperative ITS Program,
- the Australian Head of Delegation and former Convenor of Working Group 9 on the International Standards Organisation Technical Committee 204 (ISO TC 204) for Intelligent Transport Systems,
- the Chair of Australian Standards Committee IT-023 for Intelligent Transport Systems, and
- MCEC Club Melbourne Ambassador
The above activities require Dean to represent Australia at numerous national and international meetings and conferences on standards and intelligent transport systems.
Dean previously worked with VicRoads, the state road authority of Victoria, from 1984 to 2015.
Dean occupied a number of senior positions within VicRoads including Manager Program Development, Manager Maintenance Program, Manager Intelligent Transport Systems, Director Road User Services and Director Road Operations.
Dean has extensive experience in traffic management and security management, as well as the development of numerous road infrastructure projects in metropolitan Melbourne.
Dean played a leading role in developing the state’s traffic and transportation plans for major events such as the Melbourne Formula One Grand Prix, the Melbourne 500 cc/Moto Motorcycle Grand Prix and the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games, the deployment of numerous ITS solutions and the development of business cases for major infrastructure projects such as the Monash Freeway-CityLink-West Gate Freeway project, and Melbourne’s successful bid to host the 23rd ITS World Congress in 2016.
Dean holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) Degree from the University of Melbourne.